Each car takes me about 12 minutes to enter all the data. Most of this time is spent going between game screens, so to maximize the efficiency of this process, here is a detailed step by step of how I enter the data for each car. A simpler set of instructions is included in the form..
Basic Car Info and preparation:
- Backup your game save. You'll lose a few credits upgrading your car, and apply some irreversible mods.
- Go to your garage and select a car to enter. This car must have between 200 and 6,000 miles on it. In the case of "Race Modified" cars, the RM process returns the engine to an unused state, and break in must be repeated, even if the unmodified car had more than 200 miles.
- Confirm that the car has no irreversible engine mods or weight reduction.
- Get into the car.
- Record the Make, Model and Year of the car, whether it is a premium or standard model and your forum ID (optional, but this will help if you enter something weird ).
- Record the car's mileage. Specify miles or kilometers.
- Record the car's stock aspiration (NA, Turbo or Supercharged). If you are not sure, the blurb about the car will often tell you. You will see if the car is a turbo if you have the boost gauge when you take it on track (you'll be doing this in a few steps).
- Take the car to GTAuto. Perform an engine overhaul. If overhauling isn't permitted, try to change the oil. If you have installed aerodynamic elements on the car, remove them in GTAuto.
- Go to the tuning shop.
- Optional (but very helpful). Record what parts are preinstalled on the car (blue ticks) or disallowed (yellow exclamation points).
- Purchase a Sports Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter and a Sports Exhaust Manifold. These modifications do not change the redline of the car and thus are difficult to regulate and are considered "Stealth Modifications". Race cars and some others may not allow these modifications (that's fine, buy what can be bought, and see later).
Stock and Stealth modded data:
- Take the car to GTLife Practice at any track.
- Go to the tuning screen. Make sure that all modifications are removed from the car. Confirm that no ballast is installed on the car and the power limiter is set to 100%. If you have adjustable aero installed as stock elements on the car (race cars, for instance), open the adjust aero dialogue and select "reset to default".
- Record the power, torque and PP of the car. If your car has no adjustable aero, record it's PP under "default aero".
- For cars with adjustable aero, set aero to the minimum (front and rear) and record PP. Adjust aero to maximum and record PP. If your car has no adjustable aero, it's not necessary to enter anything in these two fields.
- Install the stealth modifications: sports intake manifold, racing intake filter and sports exhaust manifold. If your car doesn't have these modifications (for example many race cars don't), install what you can – if you can install none, that's fine; you'll just be entering the same values below as you did for stock, but that is what we want.
- Record stealth modded values for horsepower and torque. If your car has no adjustable aero, record it's PP under "min aero". If your car has adjustable aero record PP at its minimum and maximum settings.
- Leave the tuning screen and enter the track. Record the red line of the car, as seen in bumper cam, as accurately as possible. For instance, if a sliver of black is visible between the 6250 line and the redline, record 6300.
- Leave the track and return to your home GTLife screen.
Maximum power, minimum weight.
- Go to the tuning shop. Remove all possible weight. Install the best possible engine, intake and exhaust mods and the greatest possible turbo mod. If there is a choice between turbo and supercharger chose that which gives the most HP and PP (if there is a conflict here, chose that with the most PP and make a comment).
- Record whether a supercharger was an available mod.
- Go to GTAuto and install all available aero mods. Don't worry which version of the wing or splitter you install, they all seem to do the same thing to the car's PP.
- Go to your garage and open your car's tuning screen.
- Make sure all the mods you just purchased have been applied to the car. Adjust aero to maximum. Record the car's maximum power, torque and PP and its minimum weight.
- If you have any comments, please provide them.
- You are done. Submit the form.
- Repeat for any other cars. Exit the game and restore your game save.