TPRA announces the return of Enduro racing!
When: Saturday January 21, 2012 from 9:00AM EST – 9:00PM EST
Where: Daytona Road Course
This event is open to all registered TPRA racers!
To simulate a full endurance racing experience, teams of 2-6 drivers will run a series of races for 12 consecutive hours. Each race will be 60 laps and called a 'stint'. The completion times of all stints will be totaled to calculate an overall running order and final finishing position for each team.
- This event is being held as a commemorative event for the Grand AM Rolex 24 hour event at Daytona Road Course and is similar to said event, but not exact.
- The event will be a simulated 12 hour endurance race.
- The maximum number of race cars entered will be 12.
- Each car entered must have a minimum of two drivers, a maximum of six drivers.
- Each driver must drive a minimum of one stint. There is no maximum number of stints per driver.
- Each stint will consist of 60 laps.
- There will be a 15 minute gap between stints.
- The intent is for this event to not be complicated. No tire restrictions, no tuning restrictions, etc. The allowed vehicles will be PP limited, that is all.
- This event does not award points towards any championship series.
TPRA At Track Code of Conduct in effect.
Qualifying Deadline - Friday January 20, 12:00AM (Midnight) EST
Use your own "My Lounge" for qualifying. DO NOT USE GT LIFE PRACTICE MODE, the physics are different and we do not recommend practicing or preparing for an online race in this area.
Qualifying runs are solo races run in your "My Lounge". Everything is set up exactly like the event, except for lap counts. Lap counts can be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5. Qualifying races must be run in accordance with the TPRA At Track Code of Conduct. Pit stops are not allowed during qualifying races. Any attempt to burn off fuel, such as running laps backwards, etc., is not allowed during qualifying races.
Run the race you have set up and save the replay. The lap you are submitting as a qualifying time must conform to all regulations, TPRA At Track Code of Conduct, etc. Note the lap number of your "Q" lap. It is not necessary to post an uploaded Q race replay in this thread. Save your Q replay on your PS3 so it can be uploaded and reviewed if deemed necessary before or after the event.
Each team car must submit their qualifying time in this event thread before the close of qualifying shown in this thread.
The qualifying time submitted is tied to the team car, not the driver. Any team driver may start the race.
Each Team will consist of 2 to 6 drivers lead by a team captain. The team captain will be responsible for representing his/her team with Enduro officials. The team captain will also be responsible for coordinating team logistics, issuing chat invites, etc. Each team will announce a car color, car number, and driver list. Each driver must drive a minimum of one stint. There is no maximum number of stints per driver.
Approved car list
- Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09 (Standard car)
- Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09 (Premium car)
- Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (Premium car)
- BMW M3 Coupe '07 (Premium car)
- BMW M3 GTR '03 (Standard car)
- BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 (Standard car)
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (Premium car)
- Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00 (Standard car)
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 RM (Premium car)
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 TC (Premium car)
- Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (Premium car)
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
- Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car #51 & #91 '00 (Standard car)
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 (Premium car)
- Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 (Premium car)
- Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07 (Premium car)
- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06 (Premium car)
- Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 (Premium car)
- Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 (Premium car)
- Mercedes Benz SLS AMG '10 (Premium car)
Choose a car and configure it any way you like. Any/all mods are approved. The only tuning restriction is that your race car must be configured at a maximum of 585PP. The RM mod will work for some cars, but not all.
Tires – Unrestricted.
PSN Text Chat will be the official means of communication for this event. The event director will send a chat invite to each team captain, and the team captain will distribute chat invites to the rest of their team. Drivers must be present in this chat while they are active in the race, and must then leave the chat when they are not active in the race.
Each team's starting driver must attend the pre-race drivers meeting by entering the PSN text chat before 8:45 AM EDT.
Open - 8:45 AM EDT
Closed - 9:00 AM EDT
The grid for the first stint will be staged in the order established by qualifying. The remainder of the stints will have their starting grid staged to reflect the current calculated overall running order as well as any driver changes.
The time between each racing stint is a simulated 'competition yellow flag' condition. Team driver changes will take place between stints. There will be a reasonable break to accommodate timing, scoring, and the transition of drivers in and out of the PSN text chat. During these yellow flag periods, drivers staying in the race may leave the racing room to perform car maintenance without losing their grid position for the next race, but must remain in communication with race control by staying in the official Enduro PSN chat room.
The race room will be set up to accommodate 1 driver per team. Teams may change drivers between stints by informing race control in the official PSN text chat of the driver departing and the driver entering. The team’s current driver must exit the race room and PSN text chat and their incoming driver must enter the PSN text chat before the next stint begins. Please post "Driver 1 out, Driver 2 in" in the PSN text chat so that Race Control is up to date with all of the drivers. Teams changing drivers will forfeit their grid position for the next stint, and the incoming driver will start from the back of the field. Multiple cars changing drivers during yellow flag conditions will be grid sorted at the rear of the field by their calculated overall running order.
The completion time for each driver will be added to their team's total time and the finishing order will be determined based on the lowest total time. Cars that do not make the finish line to earn a completion time will be scored with the race winner's time, plus 180 seconds (the length of the time out counter), plus 1 second for the first car to time-out, and an additional 1 second for each position thereafter.
Disconnections will be treated as mechanical failures. A disconnected driver will receive credit for the number of laps completed during the stint that the disconnect occurred. The credit awarded to a disconnected driver will equal the number of laps completed during the stint when disconnected multiplied by the lap average of the driver’s team up to the time of disconnection. The disconnected car may return to start the next stint.
1) PMS - 1 #63 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 RM Pink
- Monster_Energy71 (Captain)
2) BBR-1 #51 Black
3) BBR-2 #5 Black
4) KILLER Bs RACING (KBR) #99 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 RM Bright Green Metallic
- Larrys4227 (Captain)
5) PMS - 2 #64 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 RM Lavender
6) PKR FOUNDERS #96 Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06 Electric Orange
7) PKR BRAVERY #77 Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 Competizione Red
- PKR_DUNTOV3030 (Captain)
8) TEAM UNITY #33 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 RM CAPRI BLAU
9) TEAM FTW #42 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 RM Titanium Silver
With the potential for one driver to be active for up to 6 hours, I must mention that sitting for that length of time can be detrimental to one's health. Please stand, stretch, move around, whatever between races. Timing and scoring takes a few minutes, so take advantage of that time.
P4 - TEAM FTW
P5 - TEAM BBR 2
P6 - TEAM PKR FOUNDERS
P7 - TEAM KBR
P8 - PKR TEAM BRAVERY
P9 - TEAM PMS 2
Scoring was tabulated as per guidelines in the OP. Specific results by team and stint are here in MS Excel format:
Stint 1 replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21248...114-RPL006.zip
Stint 2 replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21248...114-RPL007.zip
Stint 3 replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21249...114-RPL008.zip
Stint 4 replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21250...114-RPL009.zip
Stint 5 replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21251...114-RPL010.zip
Stint 6 replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21255...114-RPL011.zip